Blue Link stole my address books

My Sonata has the optional Navigation package as well as Blue Link. Over the course of a year, I added some locations to the various address books. Some were set up for future trips as I was p;lanning them.

I let my trial subscription to BlueLink expire because I don't see the need for unreliable and costly functions I'll never use. Yesterday, my wife and I ere out for a nice day of touring and about 75 miles from home, I wanted to open the navigation to take us to a p;lace we visited a year ago. To my surprise, all the address books were GONE. stolen my the jerks at BlueLink. I called them this morning and, as expected, got nowhere with the people I spoke with.

I expected the services to stop, of course, but I put the entries into my navigation and they have no right to delete them. The twit I spoke to suggested I see the dealer and maybe they can help.

Blue Link is turning off a lot of Hyundai buyers. This is another reason to consider alternatives. I have no idea when I'll get to the dealer and if they can do anything, but this pisses me off.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't dispute that the addresses you entered are now not there, but what makes you think Bluelink deleted them?

Without evidence that Bluelink had anything to do with it, I'd suspect an issue with the radio or some other explanation.

Have you needed servicing on your radio? Have the maps been updated?

Reply to
hyundaitech

Nothing has been touched, other than allowing BlueLink expire. The Tech I spoke to said anything to do with BlueLink would be deleted and the address books are part of it when connected. He was actually reading the manual looking up things as we spoke. He really had limited working knowledge.

No updates, no service. Points that I have visited still show in that directory and with some effort they can be added to the address book one by one. What I really miss is places entered for the future for a planned trip to Yellowstone and a trip to Vermont.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Disappointed, to say the least.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Most times if you call someplace for tech support, they at least have read the manual. This guy was doing it as we spoke. Gives Hyundai a bad name.

I was a GM fan for many years until they pissed me off over a warranty issue and I've had 3 Sonatas since. Looks like they are trying to do the same rather than build customer loyalty.

Blu Link could be a good think if priced sensibly. They reduced the price for new owners while keeping us loyal previous owners at a higher level. Screw 'em. I won't play that game.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's just a matter of time before someone figures out some hacks for it to keep your info. It should not remove what you put in there. Have you read through the Blue Link service agreement to see if there's something in there that says "even though you own your car, you truly don't"?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

I've not done much yet, nor have I had the time to see the dealer. I don't expect they can do much but maybe give me directions to a Subaru dealer so I can trade it for a new car.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Are you able to replicate the behavior?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Nah, you only get to screw me once.

My dealer is Herb Chambers, one of the biggest in the area. He has every car franchise you can think of, from the little Smart to Bentley and Lamborghini, except one. Subaru. They won't give him one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski