New Key for C240 (2002) + Fuel Injection Cleaning

Hi All,

I recently lost 1 key and asked dealer for a new key. Dealer is asking for $330 for the part and $65 for the programming ($395 + taxes). I was wondering if there is any other option (in Canada) or this has to be done by dealer only.

Second question is about fuel injection cleaning. Dealer is saying $169 + tax. Is this really required? Or I just use the bottles that you mix with the fuel? (if bottle = yes, which one?)

Car is 120K KM (75K Miles) on it.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
yahmed

A few years ago I lost a key for a Mercedes Benz saloon. I just brought my other key to a key cutter and had a new one made in a few minutes at a cost of about $4. Look them up!

Reply to
jvalh

I think you lost your key many years ago, not a few.

"...$330 for the part and $65 for the programming..."

DAS

Reply to
DAS

Funny,

Yes, or you just have a very old car.

Even my 1986 which has no electronics in the key cost $35 at a third party locksmith to have the special keys cut...

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

My car was a 1984 and it was about $4. I was living in California at the time.

Reply to
jvalh