new member, latch anchors

Does anyone know if latch anchors for a child safety seat could be installed in an '81 300D MB?

Thanks. Jeanne

Reply to
monstermama

Any car can be retrofitted... Will it look nice... probably not. There are kits out there to retrofit older cars... It take a bit of work to put it in, but not impossible.

Reply to
Tiger

I think this is the goofiest question yet, but has anyone ever had head rests added to the back seats? I really want an older mercedes diesel but I have a tall ten year old and I want it to be safer. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Jeanne

Reply to
monstermama

Yep... you should be able to do so too. If it was an option, back then, then yes you can retrofit it. Otherwise, it is just a bit more work to make it work.

Reply to
Tiger

Uh yeah. My 126 300Sd has read headrests. They all have the bracket for them you just have to get the headrests, which show up on ebay an din wreckingyards.

Don't know about other cars burt I've seen old 108's with them and suspect strongly that nearly all semi-modern and modern MB's can have them fitted.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

It's interesting how people's expectations of safety increase over time. I think about that when I see people's shock at my saying that bicycle helmets are silly.

It wasn't really that long ago that cars didn't have headrests at all, and then it was a couple of decades before they had them for the back seats as well as the fronts. And yet, people didn't seem to feel particularly endangered.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Miller

I agree...

My own daughter is obsessed with bicycle helmets for her 2 kids, plus rear seat belt use in her car, etc.

When she was a new baby, we used to put her in that cavity behind the rear seat in our VW Beetle, and later she never ever wore a helmet on her bike to school every day.

This generation has truly been brain-washed by the safety nazi movement...

David

Reply to
David J