Questions Regarding The New Car Seat Latch System in Explorer

Hi,

I'm considering buying a truck and the one I saw didn't had the new child seat latch system (the one that allow you not to use the vehicle's seatbelt to attache the child seat to the car seat).

Does anybody know what year Ford started putting this new latch system in their vehicles?

Thanks, Hagay.

Reply to
Hagay

I think it was either 2001 or 2002. My 99 XLT does not have the latch system.

Reply to
Mikepier
2002 1/2 . I have an early production 2002 Explorer, and it does not have the LATCH system. It was built a few months too early. I believe that September 1, 2002 is the date that LATCH became a requirement. I checked with the Ford dealer, and they said they cannot retrofit the LATCH system to the vehicle. I also have a VW, and they were able to retrofit.
Reply to
tomd