No Climate control functions W126 Please help

Hi. We are parting out a W126 and sold a climate control unit to a gentleman on eBay. It was functioning when we removed it. The customer installed it and still has no blower, no AC clutch engaging, no AC, no heat, it's just dead. He said he checked the fuse and it's OK too.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
Keyser Soze

I think it is obvious that he had a bigger problem that has nothing to do with the climate control unit. First of all, no blower... ask him to turn unit on... EC or AC... and set fan speed to high. Then under the passenger side dash... give it a whack... if fan comes on, then fan motor is bad. If fan doesn't come on... then have him check the fan fuse... take them out and inspect it... and put a new one in.

Don't just look while in place... look is very decieving.

Reply to
Tiger

Different model year may use slightly different climate control unit. At least on W201, the later years even have more pins on the connectors.

BTW, what year/model/color is your W126? I may be > Hi. We are parting out a W126 and sold a climate control unit to a gentleman

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

The car he has is a 91 420sel. The part we supplied is from a 87 420. The interior is tan (palomino). The exterior is black. We purchased it as a parts car to cannibalize for our damaged 89 420.

The car is in northern NJ. Thanks.

Reply to
Keyser Soze

Thanks for your input. I passed it along. He is buying a AC relay and thinks that will solve his problems.

Reply to
Keyser Soze