3rd rear seatbelt for coupe

I have a W203 coupe, and would like 3 seatbelts in the rear.

Does anyone know what seatbelt would fit?

Or maybe if the rear seats from an estate car would fit?

Matt

Reply to
matt999

Arghhhhh. This is the bane of my life. Why do car manufacturers assume that if you have three kids you want a people carrier? I can understand with a real small sports coupe, but even the CLS has only got two seats in the back. Why?

I know that there are companies do conversions for the CLS and some other Mercedes models to put three seats in the back, but I bet its expensive.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

If the car has two belts at the back then that is how it may be used. That means it is legally a four-seater, NOT a five-seater.

At least in the UK and, I thnk, in Germany.

Makes sense.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, but why do they make large cars with only two seats in the back? Does the S class have a middle seatbelt in the back?

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

Because the CLS is a Coupe Like Sedan. Most all coupes are 4 seaters. Remember the SLC 107 body?

If you wanted a 5 seater, when you looked at the car in the showroom THAT was the time to decide; not after the purchase.

I see it every day. People buy on impulse and then want this or that installed. Sorry, 99% of the options have to be ordered with the car. You want a 2007 with Sat radio? You have to order it. You want a 2007 with the phone pre-wire? You have to order it. You want auto trunk open and close? You have to order it. You want orthopedic seats? You have to order it.

It cannot be installed after the fact. People complained that MB prices were too high. OK, MB brought down the base price by making standard things optional. Now people complain cause they have to pay extra. Wah, wah, wah.

Another complaint I hear all the time is "What happened to the free services?" When the buyers bought the 2004 Mercedes, they were given a survey. One of the questions was "Did the free services influence you into buying this car?" Want to know what the overwhelming answer to that question was? If you guessed 'No', you win a prize. So Mercedes gave people what they wanted: No more free services. Is that MBUSA's fault? No, they went with what the buyers said. So the

2005 and up models no longer have 4 yr/50k free maintenance. Too bad, so sad. Wah, wah, wah.

Reply to
Karl

questions was "Did

wanted: No more free

the 2005 and up models

Actually, Karl IMO ,the survey question was a little short-sighted.

The free service may not have influenced the buying of the *present* car, but when something goes wrong, and it isn't there, it will surely influence the buying of the *next* car.

Regards, WS

Reply to
ws

You pay for what you get one way or another. No quesstion. Personally, I agree with MB's decision since in the first few years no service is needed in essentially all cases and IF there should be a 'real' problem (many are imagined I'm sure) the dealer will generally (there will undoubtedly be a few lousy dealers, so the word 'generally') be more than happy to look after said problem.

My dealer still (unwittingly perhaps) helps me diagnose difficulties on my

17 year old 300e :-)

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

My 1993 190E has three belts at the back. The middle one is only a lap belt, but a legal belt nonetheless. The car is a 5-seater.

My CLK Cab has two rear seatbelts.

It is a matter of how the seats are constructed.

You could knock me over with a feather if the S Class had no third belt at the back.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling