No Mercedes trucks in USA?

I do not know the answer to that but it seems to be very hard to find a Sprinter. Only a small minority of Dodge dealers sell them and they seem to only have a couple on the lot. If you want to get one like you want it they say several months.

Eveb worse they do not sell the AWD version here.

What would be even better is an SUV version of the Unimog, much like Ford makes an Excursion from the F350 - only the Unimog should be much larger.

.

From: Ennui Society ( snipped-for-privacy@none.net) Subject: What became of Mercedes-Benz trucks in the USA? This is the only article in this thread View: Original Format Newsgroups: alt.auto.mercedes Date: 2004-06-28 22:37:44 PST

Hello,

Why are there no longer Mercedes-Benz medium and heavy duty trucks sold in the US? The buses, vans, and transporters are also excluded from US market, too.

Even the Sprinter is sold as Freightliner and Dodge in the USA. Same with Unimog sold here as Freightliner.

The Freightliners and Sterlins (both in DaimlerChrysler group) are outdated in appearance...

Oliver

greek_philosophizer

Hello,

DaimlerChrysler was to complete building the manufacturing factory here in the USA, specifically for the Sprinters. However, the economy soured due to the 9/11 attack. The plan was shelved for the American-built Sprinters.

Now, those Sprinters are imported from Europe in limited quantity.

If DaimlerChrysler had completed building the factory, we might have more options.

On other hand, the Americans are also too lazy to do something about the hebeditunous NHTSA which is more restrictive and unreasonable toward the safety regulations. We cannot even import the vehicles ourselves without subjecting them to the homologations done by the registered importers for staggering amount of money. No fair!

Oliver

greek_philosophizer schrieb:

Ennui Society