'63 M.Benz 220 SB HELP!!!

Hi ya'll. I'm new here. We recently got a 63 220 SB, when we got it it had a pretronics (i don't know if that's the right word, sorry) thing on it, and my step dad decided to take it off because it wasn't even the right one for the car, and we wanted to go back to points. We got the points and discovered something else, there's a piece missing. Does anyone know how to get a hold of the rod thing in the distributer that holds the points in place? PLEASE HELP!! thank you so much!

-Danielle

Reply to
Basil Butterfly

Post the dist #... I may have one.

Reply to
AJDalton7

white_rabbit snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Basil Butterfly) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Did the car run? If so chances are it wasn't a problem. My '64 220Sb has a lumenition - looks like a pretty generic module with the pickup and chopper for the 6 cylinders.

S.

Reply to
splam