Private mechanic

I'm looking for a good independent MB mechanic in the Chicago area. I have an '83 TD.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ichabod2

mechanic or a wrecker... :)

Reply to
Brett

There are lots of them -- what part of Chicago?

Ron

German Star

: There are lots of them -- what part of Chicago?

: Ron :

I'm in the Rogers Park area, so North or Northwest locations would be the easiest.

Reply to
Ichabod2

I've heard good things about C&H (or CH) Auto on Irving Park. I've also had work done on my Porsche at Motodelta, though I use Fischer Motors in Barrington now. There's also a place on Lincoln Avenue in Lincoln Park that's run by 2 brothers. They are very highly thought of, but I have some misgivings about them. I've never had work done by them, but last winter they left someone's Ferrari 308 in the outdoor lot for over a month (I could see it from the Brown Line), as well as someone's Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. Not how I'd want my "babies" to be treated... Emanuel

Reply to
Emanuel Brown

If you're in East Rogers Park try Sam at German Motors; 5734 N. Broadway; Chicago 60660; Phone: 773-334-7753. If you're in West Rogers Park try Carlos at C & H Auto; 3322 W. Irving Park; Chicago 60618; Phone: 773-583-6676. They're both reasonable and extremely competent.

Ron

German Star

Thanks for the info. There was another response about C&H also.

Roger

Emanuel Brown wrote: : On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 00:15:28 +0000 (UTC), Ichabod2 : wrote: :>German Star wrote: :>

:>: Ichabod2 wrote in message news:... :>:> I'm looking for a good independent MB mechanic in the Chicago :>:> area. I have an '83 TD. :>:> : I've heard good things about C&H (or CH) Auto on Irving Park. I've : also had work done on my Porsche at Motodelta, though I use Fischer : Motors in Barrington now. There's also a place on Lincoln Avenue in : Lincoln Park that's run by 2 brothers. They are very highly thought : of, but I have some misgivings about them. I've never had work done by : them, but last winter they left someone's Ferrari 308 in the outdoor : lot for over a month (I could see it from the Brown Line), as well as : someone's Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. Not how I'd want my "babies" to be : treated... : Emanuel : -- :

Ichabod2

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Roger

German Star wrote: : If you're in East Rogers Park try Sam at German Motors; 5734 N. : Broadway; Chicago 60660; Phone: 773-334-7753. If you're in West Rogers : Park try Carlos at C & H Auto; 3322 W. Irving Park; Chicago 60618; : Phone: 773-583-6676. They're both reasonable and extremely competent.

: Ron :

Ichabod2