question about automatic transmission program selector of SLK350

reading the owner manual i see that are available 2 different program selector: one includes C/S options (Confort and Sport) one includes C/S/M option (Confort, Sport and Manual)

which of these is available for SLK350 7G-tronic automatic transmission?

thanks in advance

davide

Reply to
WNC2

C,S and M

I have a 350 with that transmission.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

I should have said that even in S mode you can change gear from the buttons behind the steering wheel like normal tiptronic. I think the M mode speeds up the changes but I have never really used it. In M mode it will not let you drop to a gear which would cause the engine to over rev.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

thanks a lot gordon, just to know because in the brochure i see only photo with C/S option, but brochure il common for every model, also for SL 200

5gear automatic trasmission and for 55AMG, so i wondered why.

maybe C/S option is for 5gear automatic SLK200

bye and thanks again

Reply to
WNC2

It depends which country you are in. In the UK the 7 speed is standard on the 350 but not the 200. In other countries it may be different and if you are buying a used one it may have different spec becvause you can order the 350 with the four speed if you really want it. I am not sure about the 280. The standard 4 speed is the same as the one in the C class.

The SLK is based on the C class. I have the C class sport and it has SLK wheels, brakes, brake disks steering wheel and pedals.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

in italy 200 has an optional 5gear automatic transmission

instead 280, 350 and 55 have an optional 7G-Tronic, first two with an optional single steering wheel button on left side, 55 has a "speedshift" with double leverage.

i'm waiting a new 350 for the end of june

Reply to
WNC2

Quality.........

Reply to
Jimbo.....

Oh no, you have found my secret hideout.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson