Re: 500sl battery drain

Hi Ray,

Either the battery is not being fully charged or you have a parasitic load problem. For the latter, please read Section 10 in the FAQ on

Regardless, I would suggest that you have the battery and charging system tested at an auto parts or battery store. Some stores like Auto Zone, Sears, Wal-Mart, Pep Boys, tec. will do this free.

Kindest regards,

BiLL.......

I have a 500sl 94 following a 2 hour or more drive if the car is not driven >the following day the battery is drained. Neither guages nor test meters >show any drain. The battery is new and replaces one that was also probably >ok . There is an intermittant occasional sound apparently of a loose wire >in the steering column . any thoughts would be appreciated >
Reply to
Bill Darden