Re: Investigation of 1sourceautowarranty.com

I am an attorney in Washington, D.C. and I am investigating claims

Snipped BS

Washington, D.C. 20036 > snipped-for-privacy@tzlegal.com >

See that buzzard circling?

-- Dad

98 C5 Black/Black/Auto 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
Reply to
Dad

Yeah maybe,but I purchased an extended warranty when I bought this 1993, they have yet to approve a single repair. I'm about fed up with it.

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to
marlinspike

Far be it for me to interfere with your right to join a class action suite, be my guest. Never saw one yet that didn't cost the participants and line the lawyers pockets.

You're right, I should have said, "Do you see the buzzards circling"?

-- Dad

98 C5 Black/Black/Auto
Reply to
Dad

Reply to
marlinspike

I got ripped on their coverage as well. It seems that they're tied in with Ebay pretty close. They turned down coverage to replace the crankshaft pulley. It has a rubber part and therefore is a wear and tear item. The car had +/- 40,0000 at the time. The dealer doesn't even want to deal with them, I have to use the Shell gas station if I even want an attempt made to get coverage. Also, you have to call and advise them of the pending repair, and then the mechanic has to call and get the authorization. I haven't ever been past that point, but I'm sure they have a few more hoops. I'm never buying an extended warranty through 1st Source Auto warranty.com again. Maybe a few more posts like this will cost them a customer or two. Of course if they see this post, and want to return my $1100, I'll say something nice about them. I doubt that would ever happen though. The lawyer guy should persue this angle as well.

Reply to
sbright

Please define "tied with". Oh, and tell me you didn't do business with a spammer in the first place.

Was that in the contract you signed? (you did _read_ it first, right?)

Did you ask the dealer, before you signed the contract, if they would work with them?

Did you know any of this before you signed? Should you have?

If you signed up for it without understanding what it was about, you deserve nothing more than a smack upside the head. If you bought it as a result of a spam post in a usenet group, you deserve a kick in the pants. I'm not saying that what they (may or may not) do is right, by any means, but that if people would use their heads when signing up for something that costs real money, then people who abuse consumers would have fewer victims.

Reply to
davehinz

I've heard all the, I've heard, I know of, and I would stories before, pick one and join or get the facts and then tell me how it comes out. By the way I'm over 60 so you may have to tell my heirs. If you are able to, fine one that the litigants actually got a legitimate return on their money, keep track of the ones that didn't. I'll bet that charities coffers are busting at the seams, those nice little lawyers just give so much. Get real. I've been there on more than one suit, been deposed by the New York lawyers, know what it costs, know what was won, know how it's divvied up, how about you.

-- Dad

98 C5 Black/Black/Auto 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd
Reply to
Dad

Well, I wasn't there, but I was part of it

nope

nope

Well I did, but it was a while ago, and I have since forgotten. Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

I've been involved in four (not my fault, they just keep asking me in :-).

Two of them were shareholder suits. The relationship of my investment to that of the big investors who brought the suits, along with the issue of a company with no money remaining, meant a meaningless return.

The two others involved suits against profitable companies. In both cases, I was quite pleased with the outcome in terms of $'s spent vs. $'s recovered. Yes, it would be nice to get your entire "loss" back - but unless you want to pay an attorney and take the risk on yourself, you take what you can get.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Thanks for calling me an idiot dave. I appreciate it.

The vehicle was purchased through Ebay. Please don't knock it till you try it. I didn't have to work with a dealership. Benefit no. 1. The contract I signed does not have a listing of parts that they will/will not replace. I don't know about you, but whenever I go to the Chevy dealer I'm always treated second class so I try to stay away. (Some examples are:

2 weeks wait for an LS1 serp. belt, wanting money up front to order it, inquired about a weatherstrip- was given price on part then sent to body shop to wait again for est to install, etc...) So no, I din't call the dealer and ask if they would work with an extended warranty company. 1str Source claims that they pay with a credit card over the phone. So the claim process is easy.

Maybe I'm too trusting but since Ebay hasn't ever screwed me, I figured their reffered extended warranty co. would be ok too.

-Stan

Reply to
sbright

I checked twice, and don't see the word "idiot" in my message at all.

I am not, and would not, knock buying a car from a seller on eBay. I was asking you to clarify your statement of, quote, "It seems that they're tied in with Ebay pretty close."

And you signed it anyway?

I don't have a Chevy, so I would have no direct knowledge of how they treat their customers.

Hm. Tell you what - I'll sell you an extended warranty, 5 year coverage, for all covered [1] parts, and service provided at an authorized [2] service location.

[1] (Does not cover electrical or mechanical parts, fluids, adjustments, labor, towing, rental, or loaner expenses) [2] Authorized service location is my garage, which is open on the 29th of februrary during odd-numbered years.

Was this advertised as an auction on eBay, or was it an email you got that claimed to be from ebay, or what? I get a few dozen spams a week claiming to be "from" ebay, but a quick look at headers shows it's just someone using the name.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
davehinz

Reply to
marlinspike

Reply to
marlinspike

OK, then they didn't sell your information, I stand corrected.

-- Dad

98 C5 Black/Black/Auto
Reply to
Dad