Recommendations for extended warranty E320

My mother's E320 is coming off of warranty in the next few months.

Any recommendations --- to buy --- or to avoid?

Approximate costs for $100 deduct 5yr/100k policy?

Owner is 75 yrs old --- drives 4k per year.

Thanks a lot.....

mat

Reply to
Mat

Check with AAA for their extended warranty... they are the only one I can trust.

Reply to
Tiger

This 2002 E320 must have done only about 16K miles so far.

What do you expect to break in the next 20K miles - 36K in all?

If she drives it until she reaches age 90 this car will be about 20 years old and gone only 75K miles.

IMHO she ought to save her money - unless you take over the car and drive it 17K miles / year for the next 5 years.

Some of these extended warranty outfits have failed - bankrupt - and weren't there to pay their claims so be sure it's a reputable one.

One can over insure as well as under insure.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

My 2 cents - Purchased an AutoWarrantyBroker policy on my 2001 CLK one month after warranty expired. AWB predated the policy and I have a 6yr 100K policy with a 25 dollar deductable. Covers EVERYTHING including electronics. Cost was about 1500. Have used it a couple of times without any problems. Replaced interior fan motor, Mass Airflow Sensor and a few other things including transmission parts. My CLK only has 28K. No hassle getting things repaired - just take it to the dealership - give copy of policy, they take care of calling the claim and getting paid. You only have to pay the dealership 25 when you leave. Covered under a huge insurance company and they won't go out of business. You can also cancel the policy and get a prorated refund or transfer to another owner for a fee of 20 dollars.

Reply to
stim141