If the plastic end is broken, replace it. MB supplies a split replacement end piece.

Reply to
Karl

#275 in the 1st picture here:

Part number 116 302 01 50

Reply to
Karl

Thanks. I went to the dealer and pointed at the pretty pictures that I wish I could get, and the parts will set me back like $10. I'm guessing the installation is fairly straight forward once I have the parts in-hand?

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket

Ok so I have the part, but I must be missing something because this thing has a slot so I can put the cable into it easily, but what holds the cable on the other end? Should I just fashion a clamp of some sort on the end, or perhaps even tie a knot in it? Also, how tight should this be against the linkage? I fear that if it's snug it'll be fighting against the shutoff valve.

thanks,

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket