96 E320 Mass Air Sensor...

Hello all,

Regular readers of this group might remember I had a problem with this unit a while back, I ended up buying a replacement sensor "insert" from German Star in Arizona. Unfortunately the first one didn't work, neither did the second replacement unit, so I gave up and went and bought the original Bosch sensor, ouch! Anyway, the Bosch work's fine and the engine check light has gone back to sleep again.

So, you pays your money and takes your chances with the "insert".

Martin.

Reply to
Martin S.

Are you sure this "insert" sensor was intended for gasoline engine? Diesel has a MAF sensor too and it does fit physically as a replacement to both gasoline and diesel engine, but diesel MAF do not have thermometer as gasoline engine MAF should have it.

Reg: Harri

Reply to
Harri Markkula

It's to late now anyway, but I told them exactly what car I had so I can only assume they sent the right part.

Reply to
Martin S.