resale values

where is the best place to look up expected resale values?

I wanna but a S class or 03 SL but prior to making the decision I wanna understand the $ tradefoff of 3 year ownership in terms of depreciation...

thanks!

Reply to
boca brian

My 99 S429 sold for $75,000 new. It was placed in service on a 3 year lease in June of 98. In August of 2001 I bought it for $42,000 with 36,000 miles. Now, just over two years later, the vehicle has 57,000 miles on it, is probably in better shape than new, and as a trade in, I'm told not to expect over $27,000 and not over $30,000 private sale. Mine is the W140 chassis, so it depends on what you like, but I'm convinced it is built stronger than the W220 replacements.

These are a used car bargain at this point, if you don't mind the risk of expensive repairs. One heck of a lot of car and engineering (double thick glass windows, bulletproof small V-8 engine, incredibly comfortable leather seats, great stereo with remote 6 CD in the trunk, and so on)

Reply to
REInvestments