Should I buy this car?

Yes, they are for W124... ET is around 37 got 8" wide... Somewhere around there.

Reply to
Tiger

By the way... no chrome wheels... no way... Thanks again.

Reply to
Tiger

Theres a set back on there:-

They come up reasonably regualrly, now if you were in Europe I'd ship these in then over to you, but as you're inthe states I'd suggest you try to find a shipper to bring it straight into you, it will be much cheaper.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan M

I am having Sanborn look into it for me... How did you find these? I am lost because I can't read Japanese and don't know where search function is in Yahoo Japan Auctions.

"Alan M btinternet.com>" Theres a set back on there:-

Reply to
Tiger

I use the home page which is this:-

The search box is the one on the left under where it says YAHOO!

I type in there W124 AMG W126 AMG Lorinser Ronal etc etc

you then get a reasonable number of pages to flick through.

Click on a set a wheels and look at the menus towards the top of the screen, you can't read the Japanese, but you can see numbers 16 or 17 etc, these refer to rim diameter.

You then get submenus for stud patterns, 4, 5 or 6

Play around with it for a few days and it soon becomes apparent what you're searching for.

There are also some rare cars on there:-

300CE 6.0 AMG
560SEC 6.0 AMG WideBody
300TE 3.4 AMG
Happy browsing

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan M

Wow... thanks Alan! I found two sets I am interested in... Hopefully Sanborn can help me out on one of them.

Reply to
Tiger

I'm having teething trouble with UPS, in so much as there is a communication difficulty between the UK and Japan. It's taken three weeks to iron this out so hopefully they may be primed by the time you want to ship something.

It's all coming out of the Osaka office there and it would do you no harm to have a chat with your local UPS depot, but make sure you talk to these guys

and not the regular UPS people, they are effectively different companies and the Supply Chain Solution guys will deal with container rate groupage deliveries. This is lot cheaper, but comes by seafreight so takes a while, but with wheels and car parts this is by far the most cost efficent method of shipping. That said, I would find a few items you want to ship in one go as you'll find the rate is per cubic metre, so you may as well fill that metre.

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Yeah... there goes the weekend. These are nice:

Richard Sexton

These are nice too:

yeah baby -

Richard Sexton

Now look what I've started!

Reply to
Alan M

Damn it... now we need one of us in Japan buying these things up. It would be a hell of alot cheaper just to go to Japan and buy a set you want... with vacation and travel home with them.

Unless we are talking about bulk purchase... then that's a different story.

Reply to
Tiger

Bulk purchase is the way to go, you'd have to effectively pay for a seat to bring them back, weight is always the issue with transport.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

That some find you got there... We'd be lucky if there is one like that in USA ebay...

Reply to
Tiger