SLK230 supercharger change

I've been thinking of selling my 944 and going with a used SLK230 as a replacement 4-cylinder. In browsing the web for the differences in various models, I see that the '01 model has the clutch to the supercharger pulley removed. Does this give the car more low-end grunt since the s/c doesn't wait until 2500 rpm to kick in? Is it that significant a performance upgrade? Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown