Squeaky door hinges

My '95 E320 wagon has an annoying problem - the doors all seem to squeak. When opening or closing they emit a low pitched squeak that I can't get rid of. I've tried WD-40, but that almost seems to make the noise worse. Is there a suggested penetrating oil? Or something that I can do (short of removing the doors) to resolve this minor irritation?

Thanks.

Reply to
Josh

You have to replace the door check. That's the only way to fix it as it is broken... door check is that metal sticking out of your door to hold door position and prevent the wind from ripping your door out.

Cheap part but take time to put it in...

Reply to
Tiger

Make sure it is the "door stop" that is the problem since on most MB you have to take off the door panel to get to the third screw that holds this item on. 2 screws are visible on the "jamb" side of the door but there is another one on the door panel itself. About $13 part from autouhaousaz.com Good luck wolf

Reply to
wolf1

All door check also have that third bolt behind the door panel... and the only way to install new door check is also behind that panel.

Reply to
Tiger

This makes sense as I had to tighten the door checks a couple of months ago on several of the doors (the bolts had come lose) not realizing that there is a third bolt.

Thanks!

Reply to
Josh