Sun Visors loose

89 560 SL Sun visors are loose at the ball joints. What can I do to tighten / repair so they stay up against the roof?
Reply to
John_Hazen

Remove the rear view mirror [it pops off at the base]. Remove the 3 screws holding the mirror plate to the header. Pop the visor out of the plastic support. Remove the plastic support with a phillips screwdriver. Look for the hole about an inch or two from the pivot, there is a screw in that hole. Remove it. From the middle, drop each trim piece. Look on the inner edge of the visor pivot for a screw. Tighten it. That will tighten the ball in the socket and the visor will stay up.

Reply to
Karl

Karl

Then how about visor on W126, namely 87 300SDL. It doesn't look like the one you describe so I think the whole visor needs to be replaced?

Thanks, Tan

Karl wrote:

that hole. Remove it.

tighten the ball in the

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

If the 126 visor drops, it is broken inside. You need another one.

that hole. Remove it.

tighten the ball in the

Reply to
Karl