synchronising immobiliser

1996 300E diesel. I cannot synchronise the immobiliser correctly using the key fob and rear mirror receiver. I tried pressing the button twice then turning the ignition key, this should sync the immobiliser, but I keep getting red and green lights flashing together on the rear mirror receiver, the engine turns over but no ignition. What now?

Charlie Brown London

Reply to
Charlie Brown