The rise of diesel - the continuing story

Modern diesel engines require low-sulfur fuel, which is not (yet) available nationwide in the USA.

When it is (2006? 7?) things may change significantly.

Furthermore, there are the economics of diesel cars and the price of the fuel, tax rates on diesel cars and the fuel...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Because fuel costs are significantly higher (~2X) in europe, and efficiency counts for something. Maybe when US fuel prices rise a bit we'll follow suit.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

And that has nothing to do with politics ???

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad

Who said it doesn't?

Sorry it took a while - I have been travelling out of the country; no access to newsgroups on local internet connections, and I wouldn't make an expensive dial-up connection back to the UK just for this ...:-)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling