Too much transmistion fluid

Any body know what will happen to transmistion I added too much transmistion fluid after I check it si too low I have 1989 190e2.6

In short, bad things will happen. The ATF foams due to the high level, which causes damage to the transmission and possible leakage around the seals. Be very careful when changing ATF - there have been several recent posts in this news group regarding the appropriate temperature, level, etc. for checking and changing ATF.
Josh
The correct fluid level is BETWEEN the H and L mark on the dip stick. Check the level when the transmission is hot from driving about 5+ miles. The motor should be idling, the car parked on a level site and the transmission in N or P.
Too much (or too little) is not good. Too much gets aerated by the gears air bubbles get into the fluid which can cause the transmission to slip; too little fluid also allows air to be pulled into the hydraulic system causing the same.
Why can't a mark be established when cold and motor not running as a reference point. I don't get it.. Obviously a level can be measured when the engine is not running.??
Larry
Just drain some out.... you got a drain plug for automatic tranny.
Thank you Tiger I just drain out the access fluid car is runing fine
In my older mercedeses, I find it easier to break the line to the transmission cooler than drain it from the drain plug. It's easier for me to control how much I take out, but maybe that's just me.
Well it probably wont kill your transmission but, it could build up to much pressure and you could blow out one of the seals. Once you push out a little bit of fluid through a seal, you will probably always have a leak there to some degree or another until you replace it.
$00.02 WD