Transmisson fluid

It is true that some cars will do fine changing the transmission fluid every 100,000 miles.It is also true that you do not want to introduce contaminants into the transmission when the fluid and filter is changed.Use clean, lint free towels.I drive past Eagle transmission every day going to work and notice that every bay has a car on it getting the transmissions worked on.With the cost of repair on a Mercedes transmission being what it is,I am not willing to take the chance of going 100,000 miles before changing the fluid and filter.I will be changing the AT fluid myself every 3 years in my 1995 SL320 with a new filter.In fact I replace all fluids and filters every 3 years and the oil and filter every 3500 miles.I use Mobil 1 synthetic 0W-40 at the dealership and the true MB OEM filter.I sleep very well.

Reply to
sl3204me

Not a good idea. More luck than anyhting else. More cars die of bad trannies through burnt or "chunky" oil than a piece of lint in the valve body.

You aren't supposed to get lint anywhere near a tranny anyway, you use lint free cloths when you need to use a cloth at all, and you use your fingers to wip off the tranny dipstick.

Reply to
Richard Sexton