W123 - Steering Pump Fluid Leak?

Ah Summertime again, time to work on the car.

A while ago, my steering pump started making moaning noises, and was slightly harder to turn..  I opened it up, and changed the filter and fluid (it was dark blue ish!) and then all the moaning went away. Then a few months later, the moaning started up again, and I added more fluid, since the level was down a bit, and all was good. Back to normal quiet silk like turning. Now, ever few months, I seem to have to keep adding fluid. So my question is, rather than trying to find et a new/rebuilt steering pump (harder to find on ebay) I saw a ~$2.50 Steering Pump gasket "kit" Or go to

and = Mercedes Benz : 1982 : 300 D Turbo 1982 - 1985 : steering : Power Steering Pump Seal Kit

and I see these three kits. Would any of these "Fix" my problem? It seems to be leaking, but very slowly. Maybe replacing these would "fix" it?

Any thoughts/suggestions?  Just filling up the steering fluid every few months really isn't bad... but ya know. Gotta do something.

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info