W140 Transmission Question

Greetings,

My 1995 S320 is acting very strange. When I shift into reverse there is a 5-6 second delay before the car starts moving in reverse. When shifting to drive, it advances immediately. It doesn't seem to make a difference if it's hot or cold and the fluid level is where the manual says it should be.

Any ideas? It can be a problem if you need to make a 3 point turn and there is traffic coming your way!

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Bob

Sounds like your reverse clutch (LB3) is gone. Mitch

Reply to
Mitchell Porritt