Water intake in E320

Hi,

Can someone advise, the possibility of a e320 sucking in watrer if we crossed a puddle of water about 2 feet deep...

where is the intake of the air cleaner...

is it easy to flush out the water if it has taken it in, what are the expenses involved

Reply to
ASB

Open hood, look down at radiator area, air intake duct is there. Unless there was a big "bow wave" no water would reach that intake - and if it did it would slowly drain from the filter box on the right side of engine. Paper filter would swell if wetted and should be replaced in that doubtful event. You can check filter by unsnapping clamps - just don't allow any dirt to enter engine side of filter.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

If it has taken in water it would have hydrolocked and died. If it runs, it's ok.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Actually. we see hydrolock fairly often, especially on 203 & 211 chassis, and from much less than 2 feet of water. The design of the intake pipe at the top of the grille encourages this. Folks blast through a few inches of water, some of the huge splash ends up AHEAD of the car and is sucked straight into the engine, and voila, bent rods. Another fine design from Dr. Z.

Reply to
Rob