Where are the Fuses?

I have a friend that owns a 1980 Mercedes 240 and it is having charging problems. Trying to locate the fuse panel is becoming a chore ! We have looked behind everything , but the front bumper ! Can someone give us a clue ? The car has a 12v power draw from somewhere with key and everything shut off,,,and trying to locate the cicuit it is on . also

He might be wanting to sell it,,,any idea as to price range for a good condition (except the charging) 1980 240 ?

Thanks in advance !

Ed Morris Ft.Worth, Texas

Reply to
EdsNightTrain

Left-hand drive car: Driver`s side, firewall, close to the fender, black plastic rectangle cover with two big black plastic knobs.

Look at

that photo you can see it between the brightbrake fluid reservoir and the hood hinge. Juergen

EdsNightTra>

Reply to
Juergen .

"EdsNightTrain" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com... ..

There are also a few fuses under the wind panel under the front windshield. To get to them you undo the cover under the winshield to find the fuses there.

Reply to
news.tele2.dk

The car has a 12v power draw from somewhere with key and everything shut off,,,and trying to locate the cicuit it is on .

----------- i had a similar problem on an SD, and the mechanic simply cleaned the main ground - the place where the big wire attaches to the body, before the starter. try it, but also check the fuses.

Reply to
BanWarNow