why won't brake booster function properly ?

I had the booster for my '83 240D reconditioned bt a company that's been in business doing just that for over 50 yrs..

Upon reinstalling it, it would not 'boost'. In fact after 3 attempts, said company gave up and refunded my money.

I temporarily substituted a used one and still would like to reinstall the reconditioned one.

What's wrong and how do I fix it ?

Thank you, Courtney

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

It is not a simple device so normally you don't fix it... you simply replace them.

Reply to
Tiger

One of the most common problems with servo units (I am guessing that's what you are talking about) is loss of vacuum. If there is no problem with a swapped out unit, then it points to an internal problem. These units are complex and more importantly life-or-death bits of equipment. If a service centre with 50years experience cannot fix it, what hope do you really think you have of fixing this unit to a standard of safety that you and your passengers deserve? Let it go ;) Mike

Reply to
Just Mike