rain water in trunk of 240D, huh ?

I recaulked both the front and rear windshields, but I still get water in the trunk.

Also, the moonroof has been cleaned out.

How is this fixed, please ?

Thank you, Courtney

Reply to
Courtney Thomas

tail lights

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Trunk seals... what you really need is a partner with a flashlight... lock em in the trunk and spray water with garden hose to see where all the water is coming in from.

Reply to
Tiger

Failing this, dust the inside lightly with talcum powder. After spraying the closed trunk with water open it up and you will see exactly where the water is running in. Mike

Reply to
Just Mike

My W124 had the same problem and it turned out to be the tail lights.

Reply to
JB

In my case (on a W201 190E) it was a blocked drain around the boot (trunk) lid .

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I just noticed water leaking in from the badge (turbodiesel name trim) on the trunk lid of my car. The badge has pins that go into little plastic sockets in the trunk lid. I'm thinking some body putty placed in the holes before putting on the badge may fix it. I take the badge off when waxing and that may have added to the problem.

Reply to
Chet Hayes