Wtd: W126 SEC AMG Bodykit (UK)

As title, for the second generation SEC. Click the following link for the type I'm after:-

I realise these are like rocking horse poo and I have been trying for the last 6 months to source one. So I thought I'd try here before a last resort of a trip to Japan to go and source one.

I currently have genuine AMG side skirts and a number of genuine AMG rear skirts.

I'm short a front bumper - which seems to be the real difficult part to find.

Also a rear boot lid spoiler if anyone has one. (Which I don't actually want to fit but read on)

These have proved so difficult to find that once I have a set complete, I'm going to get moulds made from them and start production of original replicas (in partnership with Chaz at the SEC-Shop).

Would anyone be interested in a replica of the original kit or individual part? I'm trying to gauge if there's a worthwhile market here. In all likelyhood we'd get these produced in Fibreglass - the same as the original.

Any leads please post here or email alan -at- atstone.co.uk

Thanks in advance people.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

I don't know of any sources for these parts, but as the owner of a pristine

1990 560 SEC I would be very interested in the availability of either full replica kits or individual parts.

Reply to
GM

Thanks for the feedback.

I also have a '90 560 sec, which isn't so pristine, but my spare room currently looks like a Mercedes Parts department.

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Right, this has taken some time but I've managed to source a brand new complete AMG bodykit for the second generation SEC (actually through a very long winded route I've got one from the AMG factory in Germany), front and rear spoliers, a pair of side skirts and a rear boot spolier.

Now with a bit of time and effort you can still get hold of these (although there are very limited numbers left) and the cost? Well that lot comes in at close to £2,500 ($4,800).

I'll be taking advanced orders for replicas if anyone is interested in full kits or individual components feel free to email me on..... alan at atstone.co.uk

Not sure what the prices are yet because I've not had the moulds made, but we'll be pitching a full replica kit at around half new dealer price, which is reasonable.

*note* These are only for second generation SEC's with Euro spec bumpers. I do not know if components will fit the SEL (The actually AMG parts have different part numbers for the SEL which suggests they are different).

Also in my travels I have collected 6 sets of genuine AMG Aero 1 alloy wheels (8x17) in various states of repair, one set of AMG Penta five spokes (8x16), One set of AMG 3 piece Split rims (8.5 x 17 & 10x17) and a rare set of AMG split rims at (8.5x17) the fitted a 3.4 AMG E class Estate. Some of these are in transit and may not be with me for 4 weeks or so, if theres anything here that may be of interest to anyone, email me and lodge an interest.

Photographs of every item will be available as soon as they are with me.

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan Mudd