Alternator Upgrade

Hello,

I am doing a V8 conversion , as part of this the alternator will be going in with the engine. The issue is that it is a 70 amp alternator, and the MGB is more used to 34/43 amps.

Do I need to worry about anything other than increasing the size of the wire from the alternator to the battery to handle the extra current ? or should I be making changes to the loom as well?

Reply to
Liam

Depends on what equipment you intend to draw current with and how much. Like if you had 8 driving lights on the front with the air conditioner going and a huge stereo system blasting away thats going to exhaust the battery then you need to keep it charged with a larger alternator if not then a standard rating will suffice.

Reply to
Rob

As long as you increase the size of the cable you should be fine...

Reply to
Martin