Lockheed Servo - reconditioned?

Hi,

I found a set of messages from back in 2001 about a problem with a brake servo on a BGT. I have the same problem, or something similar. When I leave the car idling, after about 2 minutes the brake lights come on and the brakes are bound, or at least sluggish. If I pump the pedal it goes away and doesn't seem to re-occur if I'm rolling, or at least it doesn't until I brake again. I think it is a problem with the servo, a leak across the diaphragm causing back pressure in the system. I am not certain but if I got a reasonable priced re-conditioned unit I'd fit it to see if that solved the riddle. That's why I dropped in on the other thread. The email of the supplier of a re-con servo was incomplete, as is the policy, so I was looking for his/her co-ordinates or, of course information on a) if my diagnosis is correct and/or b) where I can get a re-con unit.

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
barry.mahon

Hi Barry, the best supplier I have used for servo issues is a company called Norton Classic Servos, details as follows:

NORTON CLASSIC SERVOS Shanstone, New Road, Walter Ash, High Wycombe Bucks HP14 4UZ United Kingdom

Telephone: 01494 563 254 Mobile: 07958 443 265

Give them a call.

Reply to
Classic-Car-World Ltd