MGF - Jap spec exhaust - advice please

I've come across an exhaust for sale. It is claimed to have been removed from a Jap import MGF to comply with the UK registration process.

It is claimed that this will create a throatier exhaust note and give some additional BHP.

I've done some Googling and can find nothing that might support these claims or otherwise.

Does any of this ring true for anyone here?

I'd be glad of any advice prior to making an ass of myself and my wallet.

Cheers