unleaded fuel conversion

hi ! first of all, excuse me for my english, because i'm italian.

i'm interested in buying an MG B GT how does the conversion for the unleaded fuel work ? precisely, what modifications are made to the motor ? how could this procedure cost ? is this procedure safe, reliable and durable ?

thanks for your precious help, and for your attention !

Reply to
Joker Artist

On 22/06/2005 17:56:23, in uk.rec.cars.mg, Joker Artist licked his/her/their pencil and scribbled in message

The cylinder head should be removed and new valve seats for unleaded petrol installed. Fit new valves too and decoke the engine if needed. Replace the cylinder head gasket and refit cylinder head. Replace oil and filter. Fill engine with fresh coolant. You might as well flush the cooling system too.

Retune the engine to use the lower octane unleaded fuel.

Easy really. How much? No idea. Did a Mini three years ago for about £220 in parts. (But this had standard port sizes with Rimflow valve and a little port polishing as well as some other small bits. I did the spanner bits myself)

Reply to
M Pitt

The necessary information (other than cost which will depend on who you go to) is on my website.

-- Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

Dave Baker

many thanks for your help !

Reply to
Joker Artist

many thanks for your help !

Reply to
Joker Artist

excuse me, another thing: let me understand, the only new parts i need to find are the valves and the valve seats, right ? where can i find these parts ? is it too hard to find them ? thanks again for your help !!

Reply to
Joker Artist

If you were to read the information the only part that is necessary are exhaust valve seats, the other parts are optional.

This job should be carried out by a person who has the machinery to cut and replace the valve seats - this is not a DYI at home job unless you have the precession equipment - which is unlikely as you have asked about the requirements of the conversion.

Reply to
Rob