Moto-Lita Steering Wheel

Hi Group,

I was sorting my father's garage out and I discovered a 14" wooden riveted steering wheel. It is flat (rather than being dished) and three spoked. Each spoke has four holes. The boss surround has nine screws. I will be very pleased to find out which car my father took this from. He died a few years ago, so obviously I can't ask him. He has numerous bits around his garage, but even the Moto-lita web page does not show this type of wheel. I could email you an image if you contact me direct. Hope you can help.

Best Wishes

Michael

Reply to
michael musgrave

It could have been used on anything, the wheel and the centre boss were bought separately depending on the car they were being fitted to.

I had a wood Moto-Lita exactly as you describe that I used on several cars in the early 70s, an MG Midget, Honda S800, Triumph Spitfire etc. All/most required a new boss kit.

Also the wheel could be bought in different diameters as well, 12", 14" etc.

Reply to
Nick Mason

Michael

Speedwell Performance Conversions Ltd (now gone, but plenty of info on the Web) sold a bolt on steering wheel just as you have discribed . I can scan a page from their catalogue, if this would help.

ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Michael Hi,

Send a piccy I might know what it is, I have some odd wheeels here.

It might be a Les Leston

Reply to
Justin Baker