Moto-Lita Steering Wheel

Hi Group,

I was sorting my father's garage out and I discovered a 14" wooden riveted steering wheel. It is flat (rather than being dished) and three spoked. Each spoke has four holes. The boss surround has nine screws. I will be very pleased to find out which car my father took this from. He died a few years ago, so obviously I can't ask him. He has numerous bits around his garage, but even the Moto-lita web page does not show this type of wheel. I could email you an image if you contact me direct. Hope you can help.

Best Wishes

Michael

Reply to
michael musgrave

It sounds just like th eone I had on an E-type. Indeed the same one I still have in the garage. They're sodding expensive you know.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Steve Firth (%steve%@malloc.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds very like the one I had on a Hillman Wimp, too.

Reply to
Adrian

The unusual thing is four holes - most had 3 or (Jaguar E Type for example) 5

spoked. Each

Reply to
tby
& still worth fak all lol

Reply to
vinny g

??

See if this helps:

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

And I hope this helps with your concerns andy

Reply to
randy ron

Michael,

I am restoring a Lotus Elan +2 and have recently bought a new Motolita leather rim. They (Moto Lita) still make wood rims. Have a look on their site and/or phone them. They're a good bunch of guys and'll let you know all about the steering wheel. Four holes in the spokes is probably something to do with the diameter of the wheel. My wheel is 14" dia and has

3 holes. Moto Lita were a cult steering wheel in the 60's and 70's and still command a lot of respect. Very classy. Today a new wood rim is probably about £140 + £20 for the boss. Hamish.
Reply to
Hamish