No warranty on MGs & Rovers

Buy a new MG Rover and get no warranty on it

administrators of MG Rover have no money to pay dealers for warrantywork, so when your new MG or Rover blows up under warranty, you willhave a rather expensive bill to pay.Regards Mike.

Reply to
Mike Cawood, HND BIT

Mike Cawood, HND BIT ( snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I strongly suspect that dealers will be including a dealer-warranty covering the first two years (third is already dealer-warranty) in any sales from today onwards.

Reply to
Adrian

like

Let's hope so, otherwise sales of MGs & Rovers, which are already on the way down, will collapse. Regards Mike.

Reply to
Mike Cawood, HND BIT

like

I suspect it'll be a bit like 2nd hand cars, and they will need to give at least 6 months warranty or what ever it is. I suspect that the cars will be going cheap though, they could work out to be a bargin.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

But in another week, you'll be able to buy very, very cheap. Granted, it will depreciate like nothing on earth (moreso) and might not have a warranty, but if you plan to keep it for a good while, and you get a good one, you could be onto a winner...

Reply to
DanTXD

They will as they buy these from insurance companies and the premiums are fairly low.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

I am considering a visit to a rover dealer I know next week. At least I know the owners and I won't feel like as much of a vulture. But my wife needs a bigger car and if i can get one at a knock down price I wont be able to resist the urge.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

Further to that :

Diablos Rojos

A couple of related topics.

One of the people at work had a call yesterday from his daughter, her 6=20 week old TF was booked in for warranty work at the main dealers. When=20 she got there she was told to go away unless she was prepared to pay=20 herself.

Another colleague decided to try his luck and see if he could bag a=20 bargain, I'm told he was offered =A35.5k off list on a TF.

With this in mind I visited my local MGR dealer, Priory, to see if I=20 could get a bargain, they have quite a few new and nearly new TFs.=20

I was told that at the moment they were still list price but that they=20 weren't surprised to hear that a/some dealers were offering big=20 discounts. He told me they were expecting news on pricing next week and=20 thought that some dealers might be discounting early to get a jump on=20 whatever potential customers they can or they're jumping ship, depending=20 on your viewpoint, before the rush starts.

He's going to call me when he gets the new prices. The games afoot!=20

I also asked about warranty work. They are honouring warranties on cars=20 bought from them but not on cars bought elsewhere.=20

Regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mason

I have a 9 month old 75 Tourer. My dealer (James Edwards of Chester) have told me that they are part of a large (financially sound) national concern and that they will personally honour the warranties of all MG Rovers that they have sold. Not all MG/Rover owners have been cast adrift. New MG/Rovers sold now will probably have an insurance backed warranty sold with them. There is no reason why they should lose value dramatically - any more than any other car that is no longer produced. Spares will still be available for many years.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

A couple of related topics.

One of the people at work had a call yesterday from his daughter, her 6 week old TF was booked in for warranty work at the main dealers. When she got there she was told to go away unless she was prepared to pay herself.

Another colleague decided to try his luck and see if he could bag a bargain, I'm told he was offered £5.5k off list on a TF.

With this in mind I visited my local MGR dealer, Priory, to see if I could get a bargain, they have quite a few new and nearly new TFs.

I was told that at the moment they were still list price but that they weren't surprised to hear that a/some dealers were offering big discounts. He told me they were expecting news on pricing next week and thought that some dealers might be discounting early to get a jump on whatever potential customers they can or they're jumping ship, depending on your viewpoint, before the rush starts.

He's going to call me when he gets the new prices. The games afoot!

I also asked about warranty work. They are honouring warranties on cars bought from them but not on cars bought elsewhere.

Yes - I think it's very much down to individual dealers and how financially sound they are themselves. My own dealer has stated that they will honour warranties on all cars sold by them. Auto Express phoned an MG/Rover dealer anonymously and was told that they were not undertaking any warranty work until the situation was clarified. I'm 100% satisfied with my 75 tourer and the fact that MG/Rover has collapsed does not alter the fact that it is a superb car.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in news:d3masu$i9s$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

I have just received a phone call from my dealer (Reg Vardy's) I got my 03 plate MG ZR 160 from and they have said that they will honour the warranty on my car. mind you it is only for another year up to 2006.

Reply to
Father_Ted