Peco vs. Monza

Guys,

The rear muffler on my early '74 B is shot, and I'm thinking of getting either a Peco big bore or Monza or similar system. The (old style) manifold looks fine and this car never had a cat box. Can someone compare and contrast the various options available?

Also, I've been reading about carb tuning with O2 sensors and I've been thinking about putting one or two on this car. I figure I'd need a three-wire (heated) sensor if I put it far enough down the system to get fully mixed exhaust. On the other hand, for the price of one heated sensor I can get two single-wire sensors and put them at two spots very close to the head. This way I'd have twice as much data to geek out on, and I'll know just how balanced the mix is across the cylinders. Anyone care to share thoughts or experience on the subject?

Here in Texas convertible season is just beginning. The past few months I've mainly driven it at night and for short errands on the weekends.

Dave

Reply to
dave d

Always left the rear muffler off and replaced it with just a pipe. With the rear muffler the mounts used to break all the time with the extra weight.

Reply to
Rob