WATER PASSENGER SIDE MGF MARK 1

MY BELOVED MGF IS CONSTANTLY WET ON THE FLOOR OF THE PASSINGER SIDE. I PUT MY HAND UP UNDER THE 'BOX' WHICH IF YOU WERE SITTING THERE WOULD BE ABOVE YOUR FEET AND AT THE VERY BASE OF THIS THERE IS A STEADY HEAVY DRIP ONTO THE CARPET. WHERE IS IT COMING FROM? I DO HAVE A DRIP THAT COMES IN FROM THE WINDOW WHICH IS A COMMON FAULT WITH MGF'S BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT. HELP!

Reply to
MGF

Sounds like you're suffering from both the well known leak problems!

As well as the window leak, which can cause the footwell to be wet, another know problem are leaks from the heater box seal, at some point MG Rover redesigned the seal to fix this problem.

You can test this by opening the bonnet and pouring water onto the passenger side bulkhead. The place to pour the water is behind the brake master cylinder and fuse box. If the seal is faulty you'll get water dripping in the footwell.

You don't say if your car is loosing coolant or not. If it is then the heater matrix itself is the likely source of the leak.

Reply to
Nick Mason

Thanks Nick for the information. In actual fact it sounds like the heater matrix. As soon as it stops raining I will go and take a look at the heater. There is a small tube at the base and I suspect that it may be coming in from there as you suggest. The symptoms are as you say a steady drip. After 8 hours or so its a lot of water! Thanks for the information. I'll let you know how I get on!!!

Reply to
MGF