Unleaded heads - question

The head has to come off my MGB to be skimmed (previous owner decoked with a 4" chopper?)

I've had a quote from a local engineering firm to convert the head to 'unleaded' at the same time. Apparently it involves four hardened valve seats for the exhaust valves. Is this true? Or do you need all eight valve seats to be done?

Sorry guys I was born in an age when leaded came in three grades (and 'aviation' which was about 110 octane and not for general .. er .. use)

I'm planning for the day when I'm dragged kicking and screaming into using unleaded (pthew!!) petrol.

Ta

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

Benj

Reply to
Wiz

Might use stellite or stainless steel exhaust valves too. I used stellite.

CR

Wiz wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Not necessary. Just the standard valves are OK

Reply to
Wiz