Stereo for 74 MGB?

My son just bought a 1974 MGB Roadster. For $4500, it runs good but needs a few things. Most importantly for him, a CD player. There is already an after-market Jensen cassette in there and some 4" audiovox speakers behind the seats (going from trunk to interior), but it's all pretty shot. What are his options as far as putting in a new CD player and some decent speakers? Having the original factory equipment isn't important to him. He wants good tunes. I imagine it's not easy to find an adapter/faceplate for stereo/cd players out there. (he doesn't want just the adapter to put a walkman to the cassette, too messy & not enough room). Thanks! Ah...you might be hearing from us a lot. He loves the car, didn't want a "boring" car.

Reply to
Bill Hines

Welcome to the family! Chrome or rubber? Sounds like you are in the U.S. Join the American MGB Association and buy both volumes of the technical advice reprints. Get the Moss Motors MG catalogue and get on the mailing list for the Little British Car Company. Haynes manuals on the MGB and on Webber Carbs (includes SU's) and a reprint of the original British Leyland Workshop Manual will be a good start on keeping that baby on the road.

Tommy T.

Reply to
Tommy T.

Hi Bill I've got a midget and I installed an Akai cd reciever from best buy with some 3 way speakers (surface mount) under the dash it works well for me. The sky is really the limit. You could put a sub-woofer and amp in the trunk(boot) it should not be a problem

Reply to
Joe V

Another really good source of help is the bulletin boards at

Registration is free.

Cheers ian F

Reply to
Liz and Ian