Welding MGA Frame

I have just purchased a 1961 MGA MKII and I need to repair the rusted frame. I have done some arc welding in the past, but never on a car, nor one with positive ground (if that makes a difference). There is no battery in the car right now, so I don't have to worry about that. Do I need to remove the gas tank? any other electronic components?

Reply to
Benj

Alexis

The Haynes Car Books series do a good reference on welding. (Halfords??)

BEFORE you weld, work out how the welding circuit is going to be completed - i.e. if you are welding the chassis, don't put the earth on the steering column or it'll complete through the steering box and weld the steering solid. (In Nottingham somewhere there is a go-kart with siezed bearings that prompted the cry of "Oh, deary, deary me! At

3am...)

Mart

In message , Alexis writes

Reply to