I just ordered my COOPER!

Couldn't afford the "S", so it's lean and mean. Just the cold weather pack (Hey, I'm in Minnesota!) and the stability control feature, since I love to go fast when exiting/entering the freeway. But somehow couldn't say no to bonnet stripes and the little Cooper spoiler as well. But otherwise, I swear, that's it for paid options.

Oh...and...uh...I went with the red cloth interior--anyone out there do this and regret it? Just seemed appropriately "game", since I have the nicely understated Pepper White exterior with the Black top and side mirrors.

Should be here in April. It's going to be a long wait!

I'm sure I'll be seeing you around ;-)

Lisa

Reply to
poo

Sounds like a beaut! And yeah, the wait does start to wear on you...I would suggest joining some kind of 'support group' (local MINI club or one of these large online forum sites)...it will make the time squeak by a LITTLE quicker :)

Congrats!

- Erik

PS - Can't wait to see pics of the PW/B w/ Red Interior...that sounds like a NICE combination (I got British Racing Green/White w/ Beige interior myself and I wasn't sure if it would look good until the day I picked it up...now I LOVE it).

Reply to
Erik "BRG/W MCS" Peterson

I'll be sure to post some pictures when it comes in. Yeah, the red interior was quite a hot point of discussion where I work (the design studio of a contemporary art museum). Just a little too outre', I fear, for anyone to really embrace it.

But it's a MINI for chrissakes! A little dash seemed appropriate. You should have seen me at the dealership pointing to various parts, carpet, mouldings ("so, will THIS be red? what about THIS? and THIS?...") They promised me the carpet was black--not red. The front seats still have the black sides and top, but that back seat...well, let's just say it's A LOT of red. And the plastic/vinyl red is a shade darker and bluer (which I prefer) than the seat red, which is a pretty hot tomato. Ah, we'll all just have to wait and see!

I just had the feeling I would always regret it if I didn't "balls out" go for it. And there's definitely something neatly old-fashioned-sporty about the red. If the rear seat drives me crazy, there's always the trusty seatcover.

See, I'll be talking about this darned thing for 3 months. Cripes!

Lisa soon-to-be MINI Cooper '04 owner (but not soon enough!)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik "BRG/W MCS" Peterson" Newsgroups: alt.autos.new-mini Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 12:20 PM Subject: Re: I just ordered my COOPER!

Reply to
poo

It's going to be a long wait!

Congratualtions :o)

The G/F and I both took delivery of our Mini's on the 19th of January, I got a Silver Cooper with pretty much every bell and whistle (except Air con and Sat nav as I don't need them) and the G/F got a Black ONE with one of the UK option packs

Our Pics can be found here :o) >>

Ian Clark

On the way home after ordering my MCS I had a little pang of fear wondering if I had made a mistake. When I took delivery I liked it a LOT and knew I made no mistake. Two weeks later I was totally in love with it and am still amazed at how much I love it every time I drive it.

What I think is so special about the MINIs is that EVERYONE can find that combination of colors and features and materials that feels just right and somehow uniquely one's own. Mine is Dark Silver with White Top/Mirror Caps, Sunroof, Anthracite Interior with All-Leather Black seats, no racing stripes, 17" 8-spoke Wheels. But I'm 53 years old and this combination matches my age, hair, and personality perfectly!

Your choices seem to match your personality very well and I am sure you will not regret any aspect and your MINI will very quickly feel uniquely yours.

Enjoy :) Blues

Reply to
Blues_Jam

His and hers MINIs. How cool is that! And, well, don't tell the G/F, but I'd go for yours anyday! I LOVE the look of that thin white line on the outside of those stripes. Hot! And you've got every bell and whistle--chrome everywhere! Jealous, jealous....

Lisa

Reply to
poo

I'm in MN too. You'll have fun driving in winter.

Reply to
Spitfire 1500