my new speedo

No pictures yet (my husband has plans to take some this weekend, and I'll post 'em to mini2), but I just have to say...

OH...

MY...

GAAAAWWWD!

Is this striped cutie just the dang-iest car to drive or what?

My first day with my Cooper. Picked it up at 10a from the dealership. Used the mini checklist. Then sped off to work where I kept lovlingly staring out the window at it.

Then after work I had class, so I sped off to my school across town.

Then class was done, and I sped around town trying to find my brother (wink), so I could show him the car. Never found him, but DANG, is this car the ultimate in fun or WHAT!

I love it. And after 3 months of waiting, I almost was over it. Put it out of my mind mostly. Read a lot about the tweaky little things, the noise, the windshields, the rattles, the fixes, dear Nige's crisis of confidence, etc. And, thus, were my expectations somewhat deflated.

But my new baby just blew me away. I've never had a performance car, although I've driven them. Never been able to afford one. Always bought the quickest econ car I could find that was modestly safe and lovingly drove it AS IF it were a rocket.

It's SUCH a stylin' little gal. I think it was the shape of the rear view and side mirrors that makes me say so. Haven't had a girl car in awhile. Now I need a name.

And how I made it through this day without a speeding ticket, I will never know. DANG this gal has gettup and go.

Hadn't test driven the car since I bought one back in January. Forgot, oh, well just plain forgot how nice and non-economy-ish the car is in terms of design and mechanics. Smooth shifting. Rocket starts. Flips lanes like a spooked kitten--just BAMMO, and you're there. (Scared the pants off a co-worker demonstrating this.) SO responsive in terms of handling. And cloverleafs are a plain joy!

I just couldn't be more pleased at this minute and hope it lasts forever.

Just wanted to share!

DANG!

Lisa (wearing a shit-eating grin on my face! and the new and PROUD owner of a

2004 Pepper White Cooper with DSC, Tartan Red Interior--sweet, wait til you see!, Black Top/Mirrors, Black Bonnet Stripes, Rear Spoiler, CWP)
Reply to
poo

Congratulations, Lisa! I have to say, I'm coming up on four months in mine and I'm STILL feeling the same feeling of unexpressable joy EVERY TIME I climb in and motor, whether it be the fifteen minute commute, or a day-long road trip. Can't wait to see the pics!

Erik

Reply to
Erik "BRG/W MCS" Peterson

See, I was HOPING you'd still be awake, Erik!

Inexpressible joy. An apt phrase, that.

Yes, pictures soon. It's a promise!

Lisa

Reply to
poo

Coming up on 1 year now and I still absolutely LOVE my MINI !!! Only now it's a LITTLE easier to hide my giddyness about it. :)

Blues

Reply to
Blues_Jam

[...]

JimBob

Whats this checklist? Available on-line?

Texy

Reply to
Texy

It's on the mini2 forums at:

VERY helpful. (Almost had daylight running lights -- eeewwww!) Worked like a charm (thanks, Paul!)

Lisa

Reply to
poo

Well, it broke my heart, but I had to head out of town the VERY NEXT day after getting my new baby. Of course, my husband was THRILLED! Usually, he misses me, but since he put about 200 miles on the baby, I know he didn't miss me for a minute. Well, maybe the minute he executed some nifty insti-lane change, but probably ANYONE with him in the car would have been enough of an audience for that (sniff!) He had the great pleasure of introducing her to our Saturday am coffee club, and her natty outfit earned snaps from all around.

Pictures. Yes, pictures. Soon. Please be PATIENT. My husband's a photographer, so I have to book him in advance. So soon. Very soon. She (and now she has a name: Gigi -- what do you think?) is SO DARN SWEET to look at. Just can't stop admiring her. And she's even sweeter to drive.

Have not managed to master unlocking her yet. On our truck you have to hit the button twice quickly in order to open the passenger doors, but this doesn't seem to work, and my reflexes require a little re-programming still. Once opens my door. [Pause.] Another opens the copilot side. [Pause.] Push and hold for mysterious attentive-window trick.

Have discovered another neat trick (has happened 3 times). If one has a purse (okay, so that's only half of us, right there) and leaves it open (so that's another half...) and has a cellphone (probably didn't lose anyone there...) and executes quick corners (that's all of us, right?) and puts said purse on copilot seat (maybe less a half?) said fast corner will execute a neat trick: your cellphone will leap into the copilot's door pocket. Cool trick. Has happened 3 times. Note to self: ZIP YOUR PURSE SHUT, GAL, BEFORE YOU LIFT OFF, 'KAY?

Just went for a quick spin that somehow lasted 4 hours (heh, heh). Can't seem to sit still in the darn thing, so I haven't fawned over all the lovely details yet. Just curve after curve at speeds that would have been uncomfortable in any other car I've owned. Had fun showing a Volvo S60 that even though we're cute, we're not fluff, ya know? We were both laughing in our respect cars as we rounded a nice suburban, somewhat desolate, curve at WAY to many miles over the speed limit to confess to.

Plenty of "brake dust" already on the old gal, and refilled her tank and got her a touch-free wash just moments ago. Got a whopping 30 miles per gallon on our first tank. Very pleased.

Now, she's safely in the garage and I have a final exam on Tuesday night, so I must MUST behave. NO MORE MOTORING TODAY. NO MORE MOTORING TODAY. MUST STUDY FOR TEST. MUST STUDY FOR TEST.

Lisa (Laughing maniacally to self....heh, heh, heh....)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Erik Peterson" To: "poo" Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 9:11 AM Subject: Re: my new speedo

*cough*pictures*cough*
Reply to
poo