rear cigarette lighter?

Hi Gang,

I finally got my Mini....a 2003 Indi blue with white top & stripes :) :)

Quick question...I've heard that the Mini has a cigerette lighter jack in the back for a cooler? is that true? where is it, 'cause I can't seem to find it...

Many thanks. Let to motor this summer :)

Alex

Reply to
Longshot

Not any more it doesn't, in the boot/trunk/whatever on the left hand side as you look in from the rear you will see a small blanking plate. That's where it used to be.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

"Paul - MINI2.com" wrote in news:3f0075ce$0$45185$ snipped-for-privacy@mercury.nildram.net:

You can get the kit from MINI to install it for a few bucks though. If you have an S, the battery is right there under the boot floor.

Reply to
scooter

It's not a 'kit', but you can buy the stuff and do it DIY style, easiest in the 'S'.

:)

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

"Paul - MINI2.com" wrote in news:3f013af0$0$45173$ snipped-for-privacy@mercury.nildram.net:

Well, when I ordered it from Brian at Classic MINI in Ohio, he called it a kit. I guess he put the package of need parts together for me.

In any case, it's doable.

Reply to
Rilian

Yup, some dealers are offering it as a 'kit' as far as I know, but it's not officially a 'kit'....Good dealer. :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul - MINI2.com

Thanx for the good feedback. I'm bummed that they took it out. Any thoughts as to why?

thanx

Reply to
Longshot

I can only think cost saving, although there's a rumour it will return for '04 models, but no solid confirmation.

Paul

Paul - MINI2.com

Yes they did have it to begin with.

Paul