7 Port Cylinder Head

Santa forgot to bring me one of these and they're not in the January sale either.

Turbo Jo

In message , Turbo Jo writes

It's a nice head design, but while they were setting up to cast it, why on earth didn't they produce it in aluminium? After all, you can now get 12G940 copies in aluminium, so it would have been possible.

Reply to
Chris Morriss

Presumably they are using the original tooling to cast these as weren't they used by the continental works teams during the late 60s?

Reply to
Turbo Jo

It was designed in Denmark by AKM Racing; Minisport bought the design rights. As far as I know, Minisport have modified the tooling for the castings, and I'm fairly certain the tooling they are using is new, so they could have made other alterations to allow for the different flow characteristics of Cast Iron and Aluminium if they had wanted to.

Perhaps someone reading this with contacts at Minisport might be able to supply more info.

(The great advantage of this head is that it uses the standard exhaust manifolds)

Reply to
Chris Morriss