Noise from Clutch?

Yes. The gears mate together and run quietly that way. If you make up a set from used gears, you are likely to get noise. I put a transfer gear back in the wrong way round once on an early box. It sounded like a set of straight cuts. If the noise is only slight, I would leave it alone. Changing the oil more frequently might be a good idea as well.

John

Reply to
John Manders

My gearbox kept jumping out of second on overun so i've swapped it for another I had lying around.

The gearbox is fine but the trouble is that I now have a noise at idle. It is like a rustling whine. It disappears when the cluch is pressed.

Clutch bearing?

I did a mix and match with the 3 transfer gears as one was missing on the gearbox I put in could this cause it?

cheers

Peter

Reply to
TurboJo