Oil temp gauge/sender - wiring?

Hi All,

Am fitting an oil temperature gauge from a Rover Cooper to my Mini-based kit car, utilising the sump plug/sender unit as supplied by Minispares.

This unit appears to have two small terminals in it - does this signify two wires to the sender or just a two-pin plug ? Cannot readily find a wiring diagram for a Rover Cooper on the web & earlier Minis do not, of course, have such a gauge.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Myles

Reply to
Myles Sutherland

Hi Myles, Looking at the Haynes book, I see only 1 terminal coming from the sensor, ? is it possible the sensor with 2 terminals is for

1= earth ? 2= gauge 3= dash mounted warning bulb or warning buzzer perhaps ?

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Cheers Fitzy - that's given me something to work on anyway - much appreciated mate.

Reply to
Myles Sutherland

Perhaps take a look at the Haynes Automobile Electrical Handbook - Tony Tranter - ISBN 0 85696 818 8 - perhaps from the library.

This book goes back to basic principles and may offer some suggestions?

Good luck

Pedro