Overheating?

My Mini 2003 is overheating here are the symptoms:

needle goes to middle point when driving as normal

after driving for a while and the car is stopped but still running (in traffic or something)the needle of the thermostat goes to maximum and red light flashes

once you start driving again the needle retuns to the middle of the thermostat

i no very little about cars and would be grateful for any advice on this, thanks alot guys

Reply to
be_real

Your electric cooling fan has probably failed.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

It might be worth asking on the "alt.autos.new-mini" group because we only deal with the original here. ;O)

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

My apologise Taf